Interested in becoming a contributor for DiscoverHER Project? We would love to have you on board!
DiscoverHER Project is a community for the next generation of women who are empowered to become her best self. Whether it be professionally, personally, or academically, she is looking to be inspired and is fiercely searching for her place in the world.
Our readers are typically female young professionals (15-25 years) who are ambitious, adventurous, and curious.
What are we looking for?
YOUR PASSION. AMBITION. CREATIVITY. HONESTY. VULNERABILITY.
We want you to DiscoverHER. HER as in the woman who isn’t afraid to be herself and is wanting to share her knowledge with the rest of the world through self-discovery and self-love. HER as in the woman who wants to better this world that we live in and considers herself as one #nastywoman.
One of our biggest missions is to help you not only find your inner voice but to use it. We welcome submissions of ORIGINAL content including: articles, stories, photography and poetry. The following are some topics we would love for you to focus on:
- Self-love, self-care, self-worth tips and stories
- Body positivity
- Girls’ Health & Education – Women Around The World
- Personal growth & development journeys
- Career advice
- Girl empowerment
- Women in leadership
- Social impact & entrepreneurship
- Love, relationships, and happiness
- Travel tips and revelations
If you have something that you believe will truly WOW and inspire our community, we just might make an exception. We want to welcome this platform as your safe space. We value your voice, your thoughts, and your opinions – and we want you to be heard.
- Aim for a blog post that is 500-1200 words. Headline should draw in traffic and generate social media sharing.
- It’s raw, personal, and showcases who you are! Share with us a specific story from your life.
- Offer insights and practical tips to help women overcome similar obstacles or challenges.
- Contains an educational or emotional lesson (or takeaway) for our readers.
- Ensure photos that are included in your article are royalty-free or of your property.
- Include a quote at the bottom of your post, as well as a 2 sentence biography about yourself.
- Include your social media handles (proper tagging and visibility which will be done on our end). We expect you (as our contributor) to do the same for us when posting on your social media platforms.
Editing and Publications
Send your post in plain text, not HTML, in Microsoft Word.
Once a first draft is submitted, an acknowledgement will be sent within 48 hours. If major changes are needed, the editor may return the post back to the writer for revision. Minor revisions may be done by the editor, who will consult with the writer whenever possible. DiscoverHER Project will notify the writer by email once the article has been finalized and ready to be published. Please be advised that articles may not be published right away and will be up to the editors’ discretion. Writers do retain copyright of their work and may submit their article elsewhere 180 days after the publication date provided an acknowledgement that the article was first published on DiscoverHER Project website.
* Please note that DiscoverHER Project reserves the right to edit your post to optimize for SEO and fit for the DiscoverHER Project Community.
Address submissions and queries to: firstname.lastname@example.org and subject line should indicate <CONTRIBUTING BLOG POST – “Your title here”>